Many people asks themselves this question on a regular basis. But few have the commitment, support, or knowledge to make it happen. I can't tell you the amount of times I hear this statement. It may be at locker room at the gym, the break room at work, or from countless friends. The truth is that it is not as easy as the diet pill commercials would like you to think. You are not going to change overnight because let's face it. It took years to pack on that weight. By now, you are probably saying enough of the talk let us know how we get there.
1) Clean up your diet. Say goodbye to the processed foods, high glycemic carbs, and saturated fat. Start adding lean protein, plenty of vegetables, and good fats like fish oil, cashews ....
2) Drink plenty of water and green tea. Leave the sodas in the machines and stop drinking the coffee with all that sugar and cream.
3) Use interval training instead of the hour long boring elliptical and tredmill sessions. Studies have shown that strength training coupled with interval training burn more fat throughout the day after you are done working out than steady state cardio. Gain some muscle and lose some fat.
4) You do the same things and expect different results. Your strength training look the same as they were years ago. Who invented the 3 sets of 12 reps rule. If your goal is losing fat there is nothing better than supersets and circuits. There are many ways to lose fat, but use one that works please.
5) Get a support group. There is nothing more powerful than many people working towards one goal. Studies have shown that people burn more fat on the average working with a group than alone.
6) Commitment is the biggest key to achieving your goals. Anything that is not believable by you is not achievable by you. How many New Years resolution are you going to make without seeing any progress?
7) There are no indicators in your fat loss program. You must have certain indicators that tell you whether your program is working. You might track your progress by taking your body fat percentage periodicly, monitoring your strength in different exercises, or taking before and after pictures.
I have listed several reasons why many people do not succeed in their pursuit of weight loss. The rest is up to a made up mind and a relentless effort. Life is much more enjoyable when we are as healthy as we can be and doing something fun. There is nothing worse than when a man or woman is carrying a front butt in their mid section. If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com.