Monday, July 2, 2007

Consistency is Key

Do you want to know the key to being stronger, more athletic, or losing weight? The key is being consistent with your plan of action. If you have scheduled 3 workouts a week for 2 months, then you have to find a way to get those three workouts in. If you are on a nutrition plan you must at least be 90% compliant. I laugh when people say I don't understand why the plan is not working for me and they are missing a ton of workouts. They also are not following their meal plan. Instead they make excuses why they can't do things. One of the big things that I push in my speed camp is that the kids should never make excuses.

My challenge to most of my clients is that I guarantee success with the programs I design if my clients are consistent with adhering to the program. I was able to build a good amount of stength and muscle off of poorly written strength programs in college because I was consistent. The best thing I can think off to keep consistent is to keep a folder and record your workouts. How can you tell if you are on course if you have no record of what you are doing? I promise you that if you would committ to two months of focused effort you would be amazed at the results.

No comments: